Emergency Flood Team Glendale are leaders when it comes to water damage cleanup. We also have teams of certified flood damage, fire damage, and sewage damage cleanup experts on staff. No matter what time of day or night your emergency occurs, you can depend on us. We are standing by 24/7 and will immediately dispatch a qualified team to your location. You will have experts at your door within 30 minutes.
Call us anytime for emergency water damage, flood, fire, or sewage cleanup services in Glendale, CA
What to Do after a Water Damage Emergency
• Stop the source of the water: The most common cause of water damage is burst pipes or leaking pipes. Turn off the water main to stop any more water from damaging your home.
• Call for emergency water damage cleanup services: The sooner you call for professional help, the faster and easier the cleanup process will be. A fast response can mean a huge difference in damages and costs! Don’t wait until the next day to start cleanup. Our teams will arrive at your door within 30 minutes.
• Open doors and windows: Let the moisture out by opening doors and windows. If there are no electrical hazards from the water damage, then you can also set up fans and dehumidifiers in the affected area.
• Take photos: If you will be filing an insurance claim for water damage, then take photos of the damage before you begin cleanup. If you forget this step, don’t worry. Our technicians always come with cameras and documentation equipment and can record evidence of damage for an insurance claim for you.
• Mop up excess water: Get any standing water off floors as quickly as possible so it won’t absorb into subflooring, walls, and other structures.
What NOT to Do After Water Damage
• Lift or remove carpets: carpets become weak when wet and you could damage them. Our technicians will first extract water and then lift them if necessary to dry them.
• Use heaters on wet areas: Aside from being a fire hazard, heat could cause water to escape too quickly and create uneven drying. This might damage your property worse, such as causing walls or floors to crack open!
• Applying bleach to damaged areas: Even if you have a sewage spill, don’t attempt to clean it by dumping bleach or other cleaning solutions on it. These spills must be handled with professional methods.
Rescuing your Valuable Possessions after Water Damage or Flooding
We understand that it is scary to see all your valuable possessions in a room which is flooded or saturated with water. However, it is very important that you remain calm! Do NOT make the mistake of carrying all your items into the next room. Oftentimes, this will just make things worse by spreading the water damage to the other room. When you call us for emergency water damage cleanup services in Glendale, we will arrive within 30 minutes and will get to work saving your property. If you want to help save your property while waiting for us, then follow these steps:
• Only remove DRY items to a nearby room. Never move wet items to the next room.
• Prop furniture up on blocks, bricks, or pieces of cardboard to prevent water from absorbing into it.
• Important documents and photographs which have gotten wet should be put into the freezer. They can be safely dried using professional methods later (vacuum freeze drying).
• Don’t touch or remove wet electronics. You could get an electrical shock! Our experts will safely remove them and use professional drying methods to salvage them.
Don’t wait any longer to start the cleanup process! Call Emergency Flood Team Glendale for service within 30 minutes!